domenica 12 dicembre 2010

Per un pugno di dollari - Gran finale

Dopo qualche giorno ricevo una mail in cui Williams si lamenta di non riuscire a completare la transazione perché il sistema gli restituisce un messaggio d'errore:

Hello mr connor,
my associate has tried getting access but it just says our pc doesnt function or there is a problem with our server, the question changes anyway, so we feel this should be more serious so talk to your bank and site as this is becoming inconveniencing also, i wait reply by tomorrow.
thanks
Gli rispondo che probabilmente è un suo problema visto che il sistema è ampiamente utilizzato in tutti gli Stati Uniti. Gli comunico che comunque parlerò con i referenti della mia banca:
Mr Williams, 
this system is widely used throughout the United States. I don't think there could be anything more serious than this site. I'll check with my bank for transactions in standby, you please check your server for problems. 
Mitch
Williams comincia a spazientirsi chiedendomi spiegazioni:
mr mitch,
we tried this times without number so many questions but yet gives us a stupid final conclusion, like we have errors on our pcs, or server problems, whats this all about anyway!
Gli rispondo, piccato, che alla fine dei conti Western Union non gli va bene, il trasferimento bancario non gli va bene, cosa dovrei fare? Mi manda una mail abbastanza incomprensibile, in cui capisco solo che vorrebbe una copia del mio passaporto:
Mr connor,
with all due respect we do have to be protected too we dont have a copy of your passport even, what if you are just among those people who joke with companies and take them for granted, anyway all these are suprising to me as even a simple transfer of 62,000usd cannot be completed but with programmed process just to stress us, please if you are not ready for this transaction just let me know so i can put a stop to the shipment immediately, we have done buisness successfully with very known and celebrities around the globe but not with these problems and even with bigger amounts. now why is this a joke to us your number doesnt even for once goes through, howo do you want us to feel! 
kweku
Detto fatto: gli invio un'immagine un pochino offuscata del mio passaporto (ho detto mio?  Ovviamente non è mio), visto che non ho nulla da nascondere:
Mr Williams,
I have nothing to hide.
In this mail you'll find a copy of my passport.
I would expect you to send me yours.
I am getting tired of this.
Connor
Qui, purtroppo, Williams mi scrive di aver fatto delle ricerche ed aver scoperto che è tutto uno scherzo.
NOW I WANT YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE DEALI9NG WITHA  GENUINE COMPANY AND NOT A BAIT AS YOU HAVE BEEN JOKING WITH ALL THESE WHILE, WE LEARNT ABOUT IT AND TO OUR SUPRISE ITS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!! SO BETTER BE REAL THAN BE A JOKER GET ME A TRUE IDENTITY OF YOU AND WE WOULD CONTINUE AND ALSO GET A BETTER WAY OF BEEN A BAITER ITS ALL FOOLISH BECAUSE YOU CANNOT EVEN DIFFRENTIATE BETWEEN GENUINE AND FAKE GOLD SELLERS!
In un ultimo moto di orgoglio gli rispondo dicendomi scandalizzato di essere considerato un truffatore. Gli rinfaccio di avergli fornito tutti gli strumenti necessari per il pagamento, di essere stato disponibile e fin troppo accomodante. Gli dico di aver sprecato fin troppo tempo e mi congedo, dicendogli che se avessi voluto mi sarei comprato tutta la miniera.
This is incredible.
Now I am being accused of being a fake.
Mr Williams, I can't tolerate this. I have been patient, I have sent you my credentials, given you my phone number and arranged for payment with TWO options, which apparently you didn't like.
I wasted enough time for some gold, with the money I have I could have bought your entire gold mine if I just wanted to.
I guess I'll ask someone else, someone who will not accuse me of being a fake.
Goodbye.
Kweku Williams non mi ha più risposto.
La nostra conversazione è durata circa un mese e mezzo, da metà settembre fino a fine ottobre, per un totale di 35 mail scambiate. Tutto sommato è un moderato successo.